From time to time, you may notice a decreased or lack of performance from your eCig battery due to build up in the connection thread blocking the flow of power from the battery to your tank or cartomizer. This build up is usually combination of dirt or dust from a pocket or purse, and possibly a bit of corrosion. With regular cleaning you can prevent this kind of build up.
Most these batteries pictured above are usually salvageable, with the one exception perhaps being the 2nd battery from the left.
Using these simple steps will help clean out your battery connection and allow your cartomizer or tank to make a proper connection and begin firing up once again!
1. Check for corrosion or dirt build up in the thread of your eCig battery.
2. Lightly moisten a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol. Take care not to soak or have a dripping wet swab, as too much liquid means the potential of liquid getting into your battery.
3. Gently swab out connection threads, being sure to remove any visible particles. Be as thorough as you can so as to remove as much corrosion and dirt as possible. Even removing a little bit will help, but we want your battery to operate at it’s best!
4. If you have severe build up you may need to use a safety pin to gently scrape out large particles. This may include gently poking the center airflow hole to clear out any buildup.
5. Allow your battery to air dry for at least a 2-3 minutes before reassembling with your favorite cartomizer or tank.
This should help in getting your battery back in working order.
Remember that prevention is always the best cure: proper care, regular maintenance and cleaning will help ensure a long life out of your VapCigs battery.
If you cleaned out the build up in your battery and are still experiencing issues, please feel free to contact us for further help.